Wichita State University Virtual Tour
Wichita State University is the place where I
spent most of life since March 1996. I lived on campus, studies on campus, and worked
on campus since I came. Even the school says it is a Metropolitan Advantage some
people have never been and have no idea what is Wichita State University is
like. Of course for some people it is a place where they spent their academic
life as they would never forget. In order to explain things around the campus
easily, I have provided pictures of the building. These pictures have been taken a long
ago, and may or may not current.
- Campus Map
Sorry, Not ready.
Back to Top of the page
- Ablah Library
- Where you check out books, browse internet, get some course references.
Photocopiers, Microfiches browser available.
- Ahlberg Hall - There is a
clinic inside, so when you get sick, this is the place you can go. You can
also get some dental care here, too.
- Beech Wind Tunnel -
- Blake Hall - Radio Station
- Brennan Halls - Honor student's
residence... There are three buildings, and building I is a kind of
administrative office, but both II and III are residential. I have spent.two summers
here in 1996 and 1997.
Brennan I, and II on the back
- CAC Theater - An on campus theater.
You can watch movies, or some events.
- Cessna Stadium - We used to
have a football program here in WSU, but there was an airplane crash which
killed many members of the football team, since then they are not having it
anymore. The stadium itself are still used by track team, some meets and also by
high school football games.
- Child Development Center - For
students and faculty members with kids?
- Clinton Hall - Business Major,
Engineers like me always storm into this building once a year. Hehehe
- Corbin Education Center - I don't know
which major is using this building, but designed by the famous Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Credit Union - A bank on
- Devlin Hall - Business Major,
there are some fancy rooms. There are some famous people who are graduates of
- Duerksen Fine Arts Center - Music Major?
I have been to a music concert here once.
- Eck Stadium - Our baseball stadium. WSU has won the NCAA world
championship back in 1989. They have spend millions of $ to this new facility
in 2001. (Please not that the name is for only the stadium, the name of the
filed is called, Tyler Field)
- Engineering Building - Home for Industrial and Mechanical
Engineering, computer rooms, department offices. This Engineering building and
Geology building, are build for temporary purpose to allow folks came back
from the war to attend classes.
- Elliot Hall - Communication Major?
I took my public speaking class here.
- Fairmount Towers - Freshman may spend their first year here.
I moved into this place in March 1996, spend my 1996 and also 1997 here. There
are many memorable stuffs here, food, fire alarms, friends of course... The
building complex was initially built around 1960s and was demolished in 2018.
Fairmount Towers overview from Cessna Stadium
Court, and THE FAMOUS cafeteria!
You walk to
school seeing this view, everyday... I hated windy days in winter.
- Fiske Hall - I used to go to this building when I have business with International
Program Office (but no more. There is a new building called International
Student Center). I am not sure which major is using this place.
- Gaddis Physical Plant Complex - Physical plant folks work here.
- Geology Building - Geology major, I guess.
I had my Engineering Ethic and Calculus I and II here.
- Grace Memorial Chapel - I have
seen people got married. It is a better view during the spring.
- Grace Wilkie Hall - Housing and
Residence Office, also Job Search, Testing Office, and what else?
Where I sign up for residence and others.
- Henrion Hall - Art major, used to be our old basketball gym
building had a lab for IELC, working on old Macintosh
- Heskett Center - Built in 80s, swimming pools, gyms,
my workplace for many years.
- (R. Dee) Hubberd Hall - A building with many big rooms, took Sociology
- Human Resource Center - Need to go
here after you get a job on campus.
- Intensive English Language Center (IELC)
- I spent my first 15 months going there. It was tough time...
- Intensive English Annex - I
have never been there
- International Student Center -
This is the brand new building for international program
- Jabara Hall -
Science Building, Computer Science, Physics major. Took Physics I, II and
Calculus III, Differential Equations, Complex Analysis, Partial Differential
Equations here. Computer labs in the first floor.
- Jardine Hall - Modern
Languages, I have taken my German class here, pay your tuition, register or
drop your classes, admission office, cashier, controllers office.
- Levitt Arena - Basketball,
December 31, 2002
as of June 16,
2003 Al most done
taken on October 2004, Done.
During a game
in old arena
- Lindquest Hall - English, Psychology...
Writing center, which can help you writing paper!
- McKinley Hall - Chemistry
Majors study here.
- McKnight Art Center - I have
never been inside.
- Media Resource Center - Campus
TV station, some AV communication rooms.
- Memorial '70 - built to honor the WSU football players who died in a plane crash in the 70s
- (Hughes) Metropolitan Complex (MetroPlex)
- WSU bought this ex-church building. COE (Education) and COE (Engineering)
held LEGO mindstorm here in 2002.
have a plenty of room to play soccer
- Morrison Hall - Post office,
campus communications, Sunflower publishing
- Neff Hall - Anthropology?
- NIAR (National Institute of Aviation Research)
- Where you can do CATIA drawing, and other experiments
- Original Pizza Hut - This one
was supposed to be the first Pizza Hut, relocated here since the founder is WSU
- Police Station - Where you get
your parking stickers, lost and found
- Printing Building -
- Rhatigan Student Center
(formerly Campus Activity Center) - Named after long working vice president, I
think he did not have enough money to also rename the CAC theater. This is a
place I pay money to buy lunch, I used a lot when I did not have time back to
dorm, I enjoyed Taco Bell meals here, and had bookstore to buy textbooks.
- Sheldon Coleman Tennis Complex
- They have some courts to play, but not generally for students.
- Ulrich Museum of Art - a museum
- Visual Communications - Something going on here...
- Wallace Hall - Aerospace,
Electrical Engineering major. Our Engineering Dean's room, record office, and
bunch of Labs.
- Welcome Center - The old building is being demolished starting from 2004/01/22
- Wheatshocker Apartments - Where
sophomore and above can live on campus, there are about 400 rooms here.
Staying here since Summer 1998. When I came here in 1996, it had only
basic structure. This was used to be a private owned apartment, some says...
The building was demolished in 2014.
- Wiedemann Hall - Music Hall.
- Wilkins Stadium - a softball
- Wilner Auditorium - I have
never been to this building before.
- Woodman Alumni Center - Where
you can donate money and stuff
Back to Top of the page
There are some small animals reside on campus, I have seen squirrels, rabbits
and some ducks.
- Squirrels: some people feed them so if you whistle, they come. My friend
got bitten by one of them.
- Rabbits - They are quick and always hide behind of
trees and bushes. I see them in the night too.
- Ducks: (No Picture available) - This one is seasonal.
Back to Top of the page
WSU Police (Wu-Cop):
People simply don't like cops because
they fine you for anything doing wrong, speeding, parking on faculty parking
lots, staying residence hall while the fire alarm is set off, underage drinking,
stealing someone's stuff, drugs, DUI, breaking university's properties... Well,
of course, those people are doing something WRONG! Some say they like Wu-Cops, and some
don't. I personally like cops on bicycles, but not on these cars.
Oh, by the way, they are REAL
cops, so they can get you arrested. In addition, they will not give you ride
even the outside is storming or too cold..
Neon take care of your parking behavior, escorting VIPs, blocking parking lots when those
lots are reserved. Most of parking ticket you get are from the officers who
drive this one. Be sure to put your VALID parking stickers up, please! (I think
many students have better cars than this.)
Blazer will be coming to the building with fire alarms on. (They sometimes don't
come, too...) Anyway, I see them running on sidewalks (and lawn sometimes). They
used to use Jeep Cherokees.
You will get
ended up like this...
Back to Top of the page
A aircraft which never been build, due to... well, handling at near landing speed.
This is a Daihatsu Hi
Jet, Physical Plant people use them, they also have another kind which is
- Stone Henge - some say this is
the place where our president performs secret ritual(?)
- Golf Course - You will see many
retired folks playing in here (The course was demoslished in 20??)
Back to Top of the page /
Go back to the home page
Copyright 2004 - 2018 - Kosuke Ishikawa / Unauthorized copying of contents, partial or whole, is not permitted.